Vijender Singh turns professional, won’t be eligible for India any more

Published on: Monday 29 June 2015 //

Vijender-Singh_pti_m After turning pro, Vijender Singh won’t be eligible for India anymore. (Source: PTI)

Vijender Singh, the 2008 Olympic Bronze Medallist, has signed a multi-year promotional agreement with Queensberry Promotions through IOS Sports & Entertainment, that will see the talented middleweight fight a minimum of six times in the first year as he looks to herald in a new era for Asian boxing.

After turning pro, the pugilist won’t be eligible for India anymore.

A thrilled Vijender Singh said, “I’m excited to turn pro and looking forward to the new chapter of my life. I want to train hard and perform for my country at the global level. IOS will be managing my pro boxing career along with Queensbury Promotions with broadcaster BoxNation. My immediate goal will be to work hard and make a good boxing record in the next year or so.”

 

0 comments for "Vijender Singh turns professional, won’t be eligible for India any more"

Leave Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Feed!

Technology

RSS Feed!
RSS Feed!
RSS Feed!