I would have learnt a lot if I had played longer with Virat Kohli: Karun Nair

Published on: Wednesday 29 July 2015 //

India cricket, India cricket team, Karun Nair, Karun Nair India, India A, Australia A, india a vs australia a, aus a vs ind a, cricket news, cricket Karun Nair was the lone Indian batsman who scored a fighting half-century even as India A were shot out for a paltry 135. (Source: Express File)

Top scorer Karun Nair on Wednesday rued that he missed out on the chance to play alongside India Test skipper Virat Kohli, who “unfortunately got out” cheaply during India A’s first innings against Australia A in the second unofficial ‘Test’ match in Chennai.

Nair was the lone Indian batsman who scored a fighting half-century even as India A were shot out for a paltry 135.

Share This Article
Share
Related Article
jQuery(document).ready(function(){ jQuery('.rel-article').bxSlider({ maxSlides: 6, slideMargin: 3 }); });

“I was hoping to play a bit longer with him (Kohli) but unfortunately he got out. I would have learnt a lot if I had played a longer innings with him. I could have picked up a few things watching him from close quarters. But he got out. I hope I get a chance with him in the second innings,” Nair said at the post match press conference.

Out-of-form Kohli struggled badly during his hour-long innings of 16 that came off 42 balls.

Nair said it was not easy to bat on a slow and turning track with the visiting team bowlers coming up with a “disciplined” performance.

“I think the wicket was quite slow and turning a bit. They really bowled very well. It was hard to bat on and if we had to get runs, we had to take our own chances.

“They were not giving any free balls and we were also losing wicket regularly. It was difficult to take chances against them. They were disciplined and patient, and they did not give any easy balls to us,” explained Nair.

The cricketer from Karnataka admitted that he lost concentration after reaching his fifty.

“I was playing well. I should not have got out at that time. Once I got 50, I should have put my head down and played. I lost of bit of concentration and the ball was coming up slowly after pitching,” he said.

Nair said it was a huge thing for him to be working with former India captain Rahul Dravid.

“It is a good chance for anyone to be working with Rahul. For me it is a huge thing. He has played a lot of cricket and he advises us to how handle situations while batting, bowling or fielding,” said Nair.

0 comments for "I would have learnt a lot if I had played longer with Virat Kohli: Karun Nair"

Leave Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Feed!

Technology

RSS Feed!
RSS Feed!
RSS Feed!