This is roughly what India’s World T20 side will look like, says MS Dhoni

Published on: Sunday 31 January 2016 //

MS Dhoni, MS Dhoni India, India MS Dhoni, Dhoni India, Ind vs Aus, Aus vs Ind, Ind Aus, World t20, India World T20, cricket News, Cricket MS Dhoni lavished praise on his bowlers for their performance in the T20I series. (Source: AP)

India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni credited his bowling arsenal for the 3-0 Twenty20 series whitewash over Australia, saying they delivered the extra 10 per cent that was missing in the preceding ODI series.

He was full of praise for the contributions of young Jasprit Bumrah and experienced Ashish Nehra.

“A lot of credit to the bowlers. In the ODI series the batsmen were doing well, but we needed the extra 10 per cent from the bowlers. That has changed with (Jasprit) Bumrah coming in, Nehra’s experience and others getting their act together,” Dhoni said at the post match presentation.

“The batsmen have taken it up a notch, but it is the bowlers who have done their job better, which has made the difference.”

Dhoni also indicated that India will retain more or less the same squad for the upcoming ICC World Twenty20 to be held at home.

“There might be one or two changes based on the conditions in the World T20, but this is roughly what our T20 side will look like,” he said.

Dhoni’s deputy and player-of-the-series Virat Kohli said despite the 1-4 series loss in the ODIs he was happy with the way India wrapped up their tour of Australia.

“Indeed, reads sweet. We decided before Sydney one-dayer that we want to finish the tour 4-all. Just because we played so well earlier but didn’t get on the board,” he said

Kohli said he was disappointed not to finish off the game but lauded comeback men Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh for keeping a cool head till the end.

“I was disappointed when I got out because I wanted to finish the game off. I challenge myself to finish them off when I chase,” he said.

“The way Yuvi (Yuvraj) and (Suresh) Raina, both of them coming back, finished it off, credit to their character. He also credited Rohit Sharma for his terrific batting in the series.

“I have said this many times that I am a big fan of Rohit. The time he has got, and the miles he can hit the ball,” Kohli said.

0 comments for "This is roughly what India’s World T20 side will look like, says MS Dhoni"

Leave Reply